In order to help make our community disciples of Jesus Christ, we aim to:
Encounter God – we gather together in three beautiful buildings to worship God in a range of styles, appealing to people of all ages. We constantly hear of people who have encountered God in fresh ways as God works by his Spirit in this parish.
Encourage Others – through, for example, our pastoral care and prayer teams and services held in retirement homes, we offer support in many ways. We encourage our local schools by actively participating in assemblies, and placing church members as Governors where appropriate. We encourage each other with friendship and enjoying time together in a range of activities.
Engage our World – our toddler group has grown rapidly and already impacted the lives of 100+ families in the community. Our church has transformed a village in Uganda by sponsoring 23 children. We are active in many village events – hot-cross buns at Easter, Feast Day, Festival of Remembrance and many more.
We receive no subsidy from the government, council, or Diocese – but need to raise £700 per day to keep things going. God calls us to grow his family, not cut back and do less! This year, assuming a 10% increase in voluntary giving, we forecast a deficit of £38k but actually balancing the books in the year would require an increase of £5 each per week (£4 plus Gift Aid). Or, perhaps £3 each if another 20 people joined our Planned Giving Scheme at, say, just £35 per month.
Please pray for the future of our Church, rejoicing in the growth and the potential that exists. Recall good fortune you may have enjoyed in the past year – a windfall, a bonus, a rise, something left in the bank? – and consider a special gift to the church. Consider the figures above to make, or review and renew, your regular giving pledge. Join us as we encounter God, encourage others and engage our world! Now giving is easier than ever, you can download the forms below, or give securely online.
How to Give:
- Make a one-off donation
- Commence regular Planned Giving
- Revise your regular Planned Giving
- Increase the value of your gift by giving with Gift Aid – Please place your completed form(s) in the offering plate in church or deliver to the Church Office marked for the attention of the Stewardship Administrator. You may also like to note that booklets and forms regarding adding a legacy bequest to your Will are available from the churches or by request. If you have any queries or would like to discuss any of these matters, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our Churchwardens in strict confidence at any time.
Our church is growing, engaging with the community and helping people become disciples of Jesus Christ.
What is the Parish money used for?
In 2018, for Routine Expenditure, excluding major projects, we need to find about £6,000 per week for
- Running Expenses: Heating, Lighting, Insurances, Office Expenditure
- Staff Costs including
- Office Staff, Children’s and Families Minister, Pioneer Worship Minister and Mission Operations Manager
- Maintenance and Building Work
- The Churches and Halls Team Accommodation
- Charitable Giving
- Parish Share – our contribution to the Diocese, covering, among other things:
- Vicar and Curate’s stipends and housing
- Training and development
- Diocesan and Synod expenses